Elly's Blog

Just another global2.vic.edu.au site

Big Idea

Mind, Body and Soul

For the past 14 weeks the 5/6 students have been doing a unit on Mind, Body and Soul, we did lots of different activities. My favourite rotation was Senses City because we got to be blind folded and your partner would give you different food and you would have to guess what was.
Now for the rest of the term I am going be using my interest of gymnastics to link in with our topic of mind body and soul and complete 2 task that I’ve negotiated with a 5/6 teacher.

Negotiated Task 1

The first thing I’m going to do is make a and a 3D food pyramid and a book that tells you about each section of the food pyramid and about carbohydrates, protein and calories.

Negotiated Task 2

The second thing I’m going to do is try to e mail a proffesional gymnast to ask them what an every day diet is for them and how they feel before the compete or train and why.

I have finished my food pyramid book about each section of the food pyramid, and at home I have started my 3D food pyramid I just have to paint it and stick some pictures on it.
In my book for each section it tells you that you should have 6-11 servings of grains per day, 2-3 servings of fruit per day, 3-5 servings of vegetables per day , 2-3 servings of dairy and 2-3 servings of protein per day to stay nice and healthy.

I still wonder why you should eat 6-11 servings of grains and like 2-4 servings of fruit and vegetables.

I found challenging to find information on why you should eat more foods then others and how they help your body.
I try to contact a proffesional gymnast but it didn’t work I asked my gymnastics coach if she new an e mail address i could use because she use to coach at the VIS (Victorian Intusust of Sport) but she didn’t have one, so I google a elite gymnastics to see if she had a page about her but there wasn’t one

Where are my visitors from